If you are looking to advance your career in supply chain management, then obtaining the Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification is an excellent way to demonstrate your expertise in this field. The CPSM1 Foundation of Supply Management exam is the first of three exams required to earn the CPSM certification. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information on the CPSM1 exam, including the exam objectives, exam details, prerequisites, and related books that can help you pass your CPSM1 exam.
The CPSM1 exam covers the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for professionals in the supply chain management field. The exam objectives include:
- Supply Management Core Concepts
- Procurement and Supply Environment
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Cost and Finance
- Social Responsibility
The CPSM1 exam is designed for individuals who are starting their careers in supply chain management or professionals who want to demonstrate their foundational knowledge and skills in this field. There are no prerequisites or qualifications required to take the CPSM1 exam.
The CPSM1 exam is a computer-based test that consists of 165 multiple-choice questions. The exam must be completed within 3 hours, and the passing score is 75%. The cost of the exam varies depending on your location and whether you are a member of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). Non-ISM members can expect to pay around $599, while ISM members can expect to pay around $399. The exam is delivered through Pearson VUE testing centers located around the world.
There are several books that can help you prepare for the CPSM1 exam, including:
- Supply Management Core Concepts by ISM
- The Procurement and Supply Manager's Desk Reference by Fred Sollish and John Semanik
- The Negotiation Book by Steve Gates
- Supplier Relationship Management by Stephen Easton
- Cost Accounting for Dummies by Kenneth Boyd
- Global Purchasing and Supply Management: Fulfill the Vision by Victor H. Pooler and David L. Pooler
- Corporate Social Responsibility by Philip Kotler and Nancy Lee
These books cover the various topics and exam objectives covered in the CPSM1 exam and can help you prepare for the exam. You can also find study materials and practice exams on the ISM website to help you prepare for the CPSM1 exam.
In conclusion, the CPSM1 exam is the first step in earning your CPSM certification and demonstrating your expertise in supply chain management. With the right preparation and study materials, you can pass your CPSM1 exam and take your career to the next level.