If you are planning to attend a Catholic or private high school, the HSPT (High School Placement Test) exam is one of the most important tests you will take. The HSPT Test exam is designed to measure your academic ability and is used by many private high schools as a factor in their admission decisions. In this article, we will discuss how to pass the HSPT Test exam, the exam objectives, exam details, prerequisites and qualifications, and related books that can help you prepare for the exam.
- To assess the academic skills and knowledge of students who are seeking admission to Catholic or private high schools.
- To determine the potential success of students in high school academic programs.
- To provide information to high schools about the academic strengths and weaknesses of incoming students.
Who should take the exam?
The HSPT Test exam is typically taken by eighth-grade students who are planning to attend a Catholic or private high school. The exam is also used by some schools as an entrance exam for students in other grades.
Prerequisites and Qualifications:
There are no formal prerequisites or qualifications for taking the HSPT Test exam. However, students should have a solid understanding of the basic academic subjects, such as math, English, reading, and language skills. Students should also be comfortable with test-taking strategies and techniques, as the HSPT Test exam is timed and requires careful reading and reasoning skills.
- Cost: The cost of the HSPT Test exam varies by location, but it typically ranges from $30 to $80.
- Passing Mark: The passing mark for the HSPT Test exam varies by school, but it is typically in the range of 50-70%.
- Time: The HSPT Test exam is a timed exam and takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
- Delivery Method: The exam can be taken on paper or online, depending on the school's preference.
- Format: The HSPT Test exam consists of 300 multiple-choice questions divided into five sections: Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading, Mathematics, and Language Skills.
There are many books available to help students prepare for the HSPT Test exam. Some of the most popular ones include:
- HSPT Secrets Study Guide: HSPT Exam Review for the High School Placement Test by HSPT Exam Secrets Test Prep Team
- HSPT Prep Book 2021-2022: HSPT Exam Prep Review with Practice Test Questions for the High School Placement Test by Trivium High School Placement Test Prep Team
- 5 Practice Tests for the HSPT by Stephen Hearne
- Barron's COOP/HSPT/TACHS: Catholic High School Entrance Exams by Kathleen Elliott and Carmen Geraci
- Cracking the COOP/TACHS & HSPT, 2nd Edition: Strategies & Prep for the Catholic High School Entrance Exams by Princeton Review
Overall, the HSPT Test exam is an important factor in the admissions process for many Catholic and private high schools. To prepare for the exam, students should focus on the basic academic subjects, practice test-taking strategies, and consider using study materials such as books and practice exams. Good luck with your exam preparation!