Passing the Test Prep GED Section 3: Science exam is essential for individuals who wish to obtain their high school equivalency credential. This exam tests the candidate's knowledge and understanding of various scientific concepts and principles. In this article, we will cover the exam objectives, exam details, prerequisites, recommended books, and tips on how to pass the GED Section 3: Science exam.
The GED Section 3: Science exam measures the following objectives:
- Interpretation of scientific information presented in diagrams, tables, and graphs.
- Application of the scientific method to solve problems and make decisions.
- Understanding of basic physical and chemical principles, biological concepts, and Earth and space sciences.
- Recognition of scientific terminology, methods, and procedures.
The exam consists of 34 multiple-choice questions and lasts for 90 minutes. The passing score for the exam is 145 out of 200.
The cost of the GED Section 3: Science exam varies depending on the testing center location. Typically, the cost ranges from $30 to $50 per subject area test. The exam is available in both computer-based and paper-based formats.
The exam delivery method is through Pearson VUE testing centers located across the United States. Candidates must schedule their exam appointment in advance.
Who Should Take the Exam?
The GED Section 3: Science exam is intended for individuals who did not complete high school but have acquired knowledge and skills in science equivalent to a high school graduate. The exam is suitable for individuals who wish to pursue higher education, improve their job prospects, or fulfill personal goals.
Prerequisites and Qualifications:
Candidates must meet the following prerequisites and qualifications before taking the GED Section 3: Science exam:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Not currently enrolled in high school.
- Must not have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
The following books are highly recommended to help candidates prepare for the GED Section 3: Science exam:
- GED Science Preparation 2022-2023: Published by Kaplan, this book provides comprehensive coverage of the exam objectives with practice questions and detailed explanations. It also includes two full-length practice tests with answer explanations.
- McGraw Hill GED Science: This book offers in-depth coverage of the exam objectives with review sections and practice exercises. It also includes two full-length practice tests with answer explanations.
- Cracking the GED Test: Published by Princeton Review, this book offers a detailed review of the exam objectives with practice questions and test-taking strategies. It also includes two full-length practice tests with answer explanations.
To pass the GED Section 3: Science exam, candidates should prepare thoroughly by studying the exam objectives, practicing with sample questions, and reviewing their notes. It is also recommended to take practice tests to get familiar with the exam format and build test-taking skills. Candidates should also manage their time efficiently during the exam and carefully read each question and answer choice before selecting an answer.