ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements Exam
Passing the ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam is an essential step towards becoming an ITIL Expert. This exam is one of the modules of the ITIL Intermediate Level and is designed to test the knowledge of individuals on the service offerings and agreements of ITIL. To pass this exam, candidates need to have a thorough understanding of the ITIL concepts, principles, and practices related to service offerings and agreements.
The ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam has the following objectives:
- Understanding of service management as a practice
- Understanding of service strategy
- Understanding of service design
- Understanding of service level management
- Understanding of service catalogue management
- Understanding of demand management
- Understanding of supplier management
- Understanding of financial management for IT services
- Understanding of business relationship management
- Understanding of service transition
- Understanding of change management
- Understanding of service asset and configuration management
- Understanding of release and deployment management
- Understanding of service validation and testing
- Understanding of service operation
- Understanding of event management
- Understanding of incident management
- Understanding of problem management
- Understanding of access management
- Understanding of operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages
- Understanding of the technology and implementation considerations
The ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam is a closed-book exam that consists of eight multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes, and the passing score is 70% (28 out of 40). The exam can be taken online or at an accredited testing center. The cost of the exam varies by location and delivery method, but it usually ranges from $200 to $500.
Who Should Take the Exam?
The ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam is designed for individuals who want to gain a deep understanding of ITIL service offerings and agreements. This exam is ideal for IT professionals, IT consultants, business owners, and service providers who want to improve their knowledge and skills in IT service management.
The ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam is structured as follows:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Demand Management
- Supplier Management
- Financial Management for IT Services
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Transition
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Service Operation
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Operational Activities of Processes Covered in Other Lifecycle Stages
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
There are several books that can help candidates prepare for the ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam:
- ITIL Service Strategy - This book covers the service strategy module of ITIL and provides a detailed understanding of how to develop and implement service strategies that align with business goals and objectives.
- ITIL Service Design - This book covers the service design module of ITIL and provides a comprehensive overview of the service design process, including designing and developing new services, service-level management, and service catalog management.
- ITIL Service Transition - This book covers the service transition module of ITIL and provides a detailed understanding of the service transition process, including change management, service asset and configuration management, and release and deployment management.
- ITIL Service Operation - This book covers the service operation module of ITIL and provides a comprehensive overview of the service operation process, including incident management, problem management, and access management.
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement - This book covers the continual service improvement module of ITIL and provides a detailed understanding of how to continually improve the quality of services and service management processes.
These books are available in both print and electronic formats and can be purchased from online retailers and bookstores. Additionally, there are many online resources and practice exams available that can help candidates prepare for the ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements exam.