If you're considering a career in software testing or are already working in the field, the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) certification is a valuable credential to have. It demonstrates your knowledge of the fundamentals of software testing and makes you a more attractive candidate for jobs in the field. The CTFL-001 exam is one of the most widely recognized software testing certifications worldwide and is offered by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
- Understanding the principles of software testing
- Understanding testing throughout the software life cycle
- Understanding static techniques and the test design techniques
- Understanding test management
- Understanding the tool support for testing
The exam covers a range of topics related to software testing, including the principles of software testing, testing throughout the software life cycle, static techniques and test design techniques, test management, and tool support for testing. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and is designed to test your understanding of these topics.
The exam is delivered by iSQI and can be taken either in-person or online. The cost of the exam varies depending on the location and delivery method. The passing mark is set at 65%, and you will have 60 minutes to complete the exam.
Who should take the exam? The CTFL-001 exam is designed for anyone who wants to demonstrate their knowledge of software testing. This includes software testers, quality assurance professionals, software developers, and project managers. There are no specific prerequisites or qualifications required to take the exam, but it is recommended that candidates have some knowledge of software development and testing before attempting the exam.
- Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification by Dorothy Graham, Erik Van Veenendaal, and Isabel Evans
- Software Testing: An ISTQB-ISEB Foundation Guide by Brian Hambling, Graham Bath, Peter Williams, and Tony Braham
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level by Andreas Spillner, Tilo Linz, and Hans Schaefer
- Agile Testing Foundations: An ISTQB Foundation Level Agile Tester Guide by Rex Black and Jeroen Mengerink
While there are no official study materials provided by iSQI, these books can help you prepare for the exam. They cover the topics outlined in the exam objectives and provide practice questions to test your understanding.
Passing the ISQI - CTFL-001 exam requires a solid understanding of the principles of software testing, testing techniques, test management, and tool support for testing. By studying the exam objectives and using the related books as study materials, you can increase your chances of passing the exam and obtaining your CTFL certification.