If you are interested in becoming a certified security leader or manager, the GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC) exam is an excellent option. This exam focuses on assessing your ability to manage security projects, create policies, and lead security teams. This certification is recognized worldwide and is highly respected in the information security industry.
The GSLC exam tests your knowledge and understanding of the following objectives:
- Security management fundamentals
- Security models and frameworks
- Security technologies and products
- Policy development and management
- Security incident response management
- Security metrics and reporting
- Security program management
This exam is ideal for individuals who aspire to become security managers or leaders in the information security field. The GSLC certification demonstrates that you have the skills and knowledge to lead security teams, manage security projects, and create and implement effective security policies.
The GSLC exam costs $1,999, and the passing score is 73%. You will have four hours to complete the exam, which consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. The GSLC exam is delivered in a proctored environment through Pearson VUE testing centers or online with remote proctoring. The format of the exam is closed book.
To take the GSLC exam, you must have at least two years of experience in information security and management-related roles. You can substitute one year of work experience with a degree in information security, computer science, or a related field. If you do not have the required experience, you can take the GSLC exam as a part of your training, but you will not be certified until you meet the experience requirements.
There are several books available that can help you prepare for the GSLC exam. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Eighth Edition by Shon Harris and Fernando Maymi
- Information Security Management Handbook, Seventh Edition by Harold F. Tipton and Micki Krause
- Security Metrics: A Beginner's Guide by Caroline Wong
- Security Program and Policies: Principles and Practices, Second Edition by Sari Stern Greene
To pass the GSLC exam, you need to have a thorough understanding of security management fundamentals, policies, and frameworks. You should also have knowledge of security technologies and products, incident response management, and security program management. Additionally, you should be able to report on security metrics and manage security projects effectively. The GSLC exam is challenging, but with proper preparation, you can pass it and earn your GSLC certification.