The EC-Council Information Security Manager (E|ISM) certification exam, also known as the 512-50 exam, is designed to test the knowledge and skills of individuals who are responsible for managing information security programs. The exam covers a range of topics, including:
- Information security management
- Information security program development
- Information security governance
- Information risk management and compliance
- Information security incident management
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Legal, regulations, investigations, and compliance
- Security operations and administration
Overall, the exam is designed to test a candidate's knowledge of how to develop, implement, and maintain an effective information security program that aligns with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
The 512-50 exam is a computer-based exam that can be taken at authorized testing centers around the world. The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions, and candidates have four hours to complete it. The passing score for the exam is 70%, which means that candidates must correctly answer at least 105 of the 150 questions to pass.
The cost of the exam varies depending on the location and testing center, but it typically ranges from $1,199 to $1,499 USD. Candidates are encouraged to check with their local testing center for specific pricing information.
- Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK by Adam Gordon
- CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Eighth Edition by Shon Harris and Fernando Maymi
- CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide by David L. Cannon
- CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar, and Joshua Feldman
- CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide by Ben Malisow
To prepare for the exam, candidates are advised to review the exam objectives and study materials provided by EC-Council. They may also find it helpful to attend a training course or workshop that focuses on the topics covered in the exam. Additionally, candidates should consider using practice exams and other study aids to help them prepare for the format and content of the exam.
Passing the EC-Council 512-50 Information Security Manager exam requires a thorough understanding of the exam objectives and a significant amount of preparation and study. By using the resources provided by EC-Council and supplementing them with additional study materials and practice exams, candidates can increase their chances of passing the exam and obtaining the E|ISM certification.