The CWNP PW0-204 exam, also known as Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), is designed for individuals who want to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in the field of wireless security. The exam is administered by CWNP (Certified Wireless Network Professional) and is available worldwide through Pearson VUE testing centers.
The PW0-204 exam is a 90-minute exam consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions. The passing score for the exam is 70%, which means that a candidate must correctly answer at least 42 questions to pass the exam. The cost of the exam varies depending on the country and currency, but it is typically around $375 USD. The exam is available in two formats: computer-based and paper-based.
The PW0-204 exam covers various topics related to wireless security, including:
- Wireless LAN Security Overview
- Wireless LAN Infrastructure Security
- Wireless LAN Client Security
- Security Standards and Certifications
- 802.11 Security Design Considerations
- 802.11i Security Protocols
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS)
- Enterprise Wireless Security
The exam objectives also include understanding and implementing security protocols, such as WPA2-Enterprise and 802.1X authentication, as well as how to detect and prevent security threats and attacks on wireless networks.
There are various books and resources available that can help candidates prepare for the PW0-204 exam. Some of the recommended books for the CWSP exam include:
- CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional Study Guide, Second Edition
- CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-204
- 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition
- Wi-Fi Security: The Definitive Guide
It is also recommended that candidates familiarize themselves with the latest industry standards and best practices related to wireless security, including the latest updates to the 802.11 standards and other security protocols.
To pass the PW0-204 exam, candidates should ensure that they have a solid understanding of the exam objectives and are able to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios. It is also important to practice using industry-standard tools and equipment and to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the field of wireless security.