Cisco 642-457 Exam Overview:
The Cisco 642-457 exam is designed for individuals who want to prove their knowledge and skills in implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2). The exam is a part of the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification program and is recommended for individuals who have completed the Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1) exam or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Exam code: 642-457
- Exam cost: $300 USD (may vary depending on the region and currency exchange rates)
- Passing score: 720 points (on a scale of 300-1000 points)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Delivery Method: Pearson VUE testing centers or online proctored exams
- Format: Multiple choice, multiple response and simulation
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) v9.0 infrastructure, including configuration of gateways, trunks, and services
- Implementing dial plans, including route patterns, route lists, and route groups
- Implementing Class of Service (CoS) and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager native and third-party call control discovery and redundancy
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager media resources, including MOH, conferencing, and transcoding
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager features and applications, including IP phone services, extension mobility, and presence
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Advanced Features, including SIP pre-dial analysis, ENUM, and SRST.
- Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco IOS gateways
Preparation for the Exam:
To pass the Cisco 642-457 exam, it is recommended to have hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IOS gateways. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with the exam topics and objectives and have a good understanding of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager features and applications.
Cisco provides various training options, including instructor-led courses, e-learning courses, and self-paced study materials, to help individuals prepare for the exam. In addition, there are also numerous study guides, practice tests, and other resources available online to help individuals prepare for the exam.
It is also important to understand the exam format and familiarize yourself with the type of questions that will be on the exam. This will help you to better understand the exam objectives and allow you to focus your studies on the areas where you need the most improvement.
In conclusion, the Cisco 642-457 exam is a challenging but achievable certification for individuals who have the knowledge and skills in implementing CiscoUnified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2). With proper preparation and hands-on experience, individuals can increase their chances of passing the exam and earning the CCNP Voice certification. It is important to understand the exam objectives, format, and cost, as well as familiarize yourself with the different study materials and resources available to help you prepare for the exam. Good luck!